Firecracker Ban: Only less polluting crackers will be allowed for a limited time and in designated areas.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today said that only firecrackers with reduced emission and decibel levels will be permitted during all festivals. On Diwali, firecrackers could be burst between 8 pm and 10 pm. People can burst firecrackers on Christmas and New Year between 11:55 pm and 12:30 am. Crackers cannot be sold online and if they are, the sites will be hauled up for contempt. Here are the 5 big developments in the story:
- Reduced emission crackers are the only things that can be manufactured and sold.
- Ladis or chain-firecrackers which are very noisy are banned.
- Sale of firecrackers will happen only through licensed vendors.
- Only those that are within noise pollution limits set in July 2005 verdict are allowed.
- Firecrackers allowed from 8 to 10 pm on Diwali, 11:55 pm to 12:30 am on Christmas and New Year.