Several flights are delayed at Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is running. (File)
- Air India contractual staff on strike since last night, reports ANI
- People tweet about delays, say many stranded at airport
- Air India says trying to minimise delays or disruptions
Several flights to and from Mumbai have been delayed this morning because of a strike by a group of Air India's contractual workers, news agency ANI reported.
The contractual ground staff of Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL) are on a strike since last night, ANI reported.
A number of people also tweeted their frustration.
@[email protected]@narendramodi it's shameful for the government to run AirIndia anymore. Passengers stranded in Mumbai airport due to strike!!!!! Strike in Airline services…that too sudden! Serious threat!!!
– Sumanto Dey (@dey_sumanto) November 8, 2018
@airindiain commercial are on flash strikes at cst mumbai airport. Due to this all flights domestic as well international delay. #airindiaworstmanagement
– Zaid (źèđď) (@_zaid982) November 8, 2018
@sureshpprabhu Air India flash strike at Mumbai t2. Waitinf since 2 hours for checkin no ground st https://t.co/DpZBiV7b6P
– Ami Shah (@ami7912) November 7, 2018
"Due to a sudden industrial situation at Mumbai airport by AIATSL employees, some flights have got delayed. We are assessing the situation and all efforts are being made to minimise delays or disruption," it quoted an Air India spokesperson as saying.