HD Kumaraswamy on Sunday said he was "not trying to cling onto power". (File)
The fate of ruling coalition in Karnataka, which is danger after multiple resignations, may be decided today if it faces a trust vote.
No trust vote was held last week despite two deadlines on Friday set by Governor Vajubhai Vala.
On Sunday, two Independent legislators, who withdrew support to the Congress-JDS government, are going to move the Supreme Court asking it to order a floor test.
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Sunday said he was "not trying to cling onto power". "My only intention of seeking time for debate on trust vote is to let the entire country know how the BJP, which talks of morality, is trying to subvert the very principles of democracy as well as constitution," he said in a statement.
Here are the live updates on the crisis faced by Karnataka coalition.
Jul 22, 201910:53 (IST)Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar issues notice to rebel lawmakers
- Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar issues notice to rebel lawmakers, summons them at 11 am tomorrow after petition by ruling coalition to disqualify them
Jul 22, 201910:20 (IST)BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa arrive at Vidhana Soudha
- Former Karnataka chief minister and BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa along with BJP legislators arrived at Vidhana Soudha.
- The legislators are being brought in by bus from the various resorts they were being kept at.
- Security has been beefed up around Vidhana Soudha and Raj Bhavan road.
Jul 22, 201910:16 (IST)Legislators do yoga at hotel
- BJP lawmakers who are staying at a hotel in Bengaluru started their morning with a feel-good group yoga session before they headed out for the assembly.
- In visuals, the lawmakers are seen stretching their arms up in the air on the wide, green lawns of Ramada Hotel. In another yoga posture, they are seen putting their hands on their ears.
Jul 22, 201909:43 (IST)Rebel legislators rule out attending Karnataka assembly session
- Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy appealed the rebel legislators to return and "expose" the BJP during the debate in the House, but they ruled out attending the session.
- Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Sunday denied he was getting into a hospital to avoid the floor test in the state Assembly on Monday.
- "The news of Kumaraswamy being unwell and getting admitted in a city hospital is fake and based on rumours, which is being spread by those trying to topple the coalition government," said the Chief Minister's office in a statement.
No more contentSource Article