A Doordarshan cameraman and two security personnel died in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh.
Two policemen and a cameraperson from national broadcaster Doordarshan died in a Maoist attack in election-bound Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district, news agency ANI reported.
The Doordarshan team was in the Maoist-affected region for election coverage. The attack took place in the forests in Aranpur in Dantewada.
Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh will be held in two phases on November 12 and 20
Here are the updates on Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh's Dantewada:
Oct 30, 201813:58 (IST) Rajyavardhan Rathore also tweeted saying, Deeply saddened by the demise of our cameraman Achyuta Nanda Sahu and two CRPF jawans:
Strongly condemn the Naxal attack on @DDNewsLive crew in Dantewada. Deeply saddened by the demise of our cameraman Achyuta Nanda Sahu and two jawans of @crpfindia.
These insurgents will NOT weaken our resolve. We WILL prevail.
– Rajyavardhan Rathore (@Ra_THORe) October 30, 2018
Oct 30, 201813:51 (IST)
DD News had deployed a camera team for election coverage in Chatisgarh. The team included cameraman Achyutananda Sahu, reporter Dhiraj Kumar and light assistant Mormukt Sharma. The team came under attack by Maoists this forenoon near Dantewada. https://t.co/N0u9HnZb1J
– Prasar Bharati (@prasarbharati) October 30, 2018
Oct 30, 201813:48 (IST)
Stand in solidarity with family of the camerman, we will take care of his family. We salute all those media persons who go for coverage in such dangerous situations, remember their bravery: Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore on DD cameraman Achutyanand Sahu killed in Naxal attack
Oct 30, 201813:30 (IST)
Today our patrolling party was ambushed by Naxals in Aranpur. Two of our personnel were martyred, and a DD cameraman was also injured and later succumbed. Two more personnel injured: DIG P Sundarraj told news agency ANI.
Oct 30, 201813:23 (IST)Doordarshan Cameraman, 2 Cops Killed In Maoist Attack In Chhattisgarh
Two policemen and a cameraperson from national broadcaster Doordarshan were killed in a Maoist attack today in Dantewada district in Chhattisgarh which votes next month. Two policemen have been injured.
Oct 30, 201813:22 (IST)
Cameraman Achyuthanand Sahu was part of a Doordarshan crew in Chhattisgarh for election coverage.
Oct 30, 201813:22 (IST)
- The 90 seats of the Chhattisgarh Assembly will vote in two phases – November 12 and November 20.
- The Maoist-affected districts of southern Chhattisgarh will vote in the first phase of polling.
Oct 30, 201813:21 (IST)
- The Doordarshan team was in the Maoist-affected regionfor election coverage and was accompanying a patrolling team in Dantewada.
- The attack took place in the forests in Aranpur in Dantewada. "Our party had gone to the area for patrolling. The Doordarshan crew was with them," P Sunder Raj, DIG, Naxal Operation, said.
- The Doordarshan cameraman has been identified as Achyuthanand Sahu.
No more content CommentsSource Article